loading

Account Settings

Change Email
Change Password

4215 Chestnut Street: Units Moving Faster Than Expected

A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A PIECE OF PHILADELPHIA’S HISTORY

University City has come alive with development and innovative projects welcoming graduates, entrepreneurs, and young professionals into the community. What was once an overlooked piece of Philadelphia’s real estate is now becoming one of the neighborhoods that will hang Philadelphia among top cities for medicine & technology research solutions.

Tom Dilsheimer, partner of HOW Real Estate & New Construction Sales Specialist, saw this evolution long before the expansion of West Philadelphia began. With his knowledge of University City, he saw the potential for development in the now Powelton Village and seized an opportunity where no other dared to venture. As the first of its kind in over 35 years, 4215 Chestnut Street broke ground early 2017.

Nestled between the Penn & Drexel Campus’ 4215 Chestnut is eligible to both Penn Home Ownership Service & Drexel’s Homeownership Assistance program giving employees an opportunity to own a piece of Philadelphia within a short commute of their workplace.

With rooftop views overlooking Center City, modern finishes, parking and access to Philadelphia’s array of cultural and historical flair, it comes to no surprise that out of 28 units of HOW Real Estate’s Chestnut Street project, only 10 remain. The sales pace, coupled with the array of new construction projects currently becoming realised in West Philadelphia, are a direct reflection of University City’s growing interest and expansion. Ready to make a move?

For floorplans & more information on Chestnut street visit 4215chestnut.com or contact Tom Dilsheimer/Chris Ward by calling 484-841-8400 for a private showing.

The Importance of Staging

First things first, studies show that 63% of buyers will pay more for a move-in ready home.

Imagine two homes are identical in location, space, price, and condition. You walk into the first – walls barren, everything is white. You notice the imperfections in the floors, the bathrooms needing updating, the list continues to grow as you continue your walkthrough. Numbers of renovation costs are now running through your head. You leave the home thinking; “I wonder how much it would cost to do X, Y, Z.”

Now onto home number two. The landscaping is perfectly shaped, lawn well-maintained. The front door and surrounding areas are welcoming your arrival with the smell of fresh flowers. You enter the home, and it truly is just that – a home. The walls are painted, the accents chosen complement one another, and each room tells a different story of how to live. As you walk through the space, you imagine yourself sitting and reading a book in the den, making breakfast in the kitchen, and watching the sunset on the porch. You leave the second home thinking; “Our couch would be perfect in the living room, and we could set up an outside lounge area in the back garden.”

Staging a home is the process of accentuating the crowning characteristics and alleviating the pain of imagining what to do with a certain space. The goal is to show buyers the best way to live in the home by showing optimal furniture placement and eliminating distractions. It’s about displaying the potential lifestyle they could have when they move in. With an understanding that only 10% of buyers have the ability to visualize a space, by staging your home; you’re helping the other 90% see the property’s full potential. Now instead of appealing to only 10% of the audience, you have captured 100% interest.

Nancy Nevin from Feng Shui Paint emphasizes the importance of creating a welcoming space using accent walls and incorporating plants to feature positive characteristics.

To the right, you'll see the before & after images of a kitchen project:

Still a skeptic?

It’s okay, we get it! Your home is a lovely wonderland and anyone would be lucky to live there. But believe it or not, your oasis has some competition. Not only are the other properties for sale in the surrounding areas a factor, but you are also going up against new construction projects. In today’s market, there is a distinct demand for homes that are move-in ready and, when a home is staged, it not only provides a potential owner with a floorplan layout and inspiration for decorating, but it also provides the emotional response that the home is indeed liveable. Staging can be the differentiating factor for a potential buyer between making an offer and continuing the search.